Thursday, October 20, 2016

RED ONE #4 Cover Art Step by Step Part 2 Colors



Here's Part 2  of how we made the cover for RED ONE #4, I color the art digitally, using the computer application Photoshop CS3 and a Wacom Cintiq
22HD interactive pen display. 


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

At this stage I go and adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point for the piece. - the first part of coloring



Initial Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

I use a big Pencil to rough in at 100% of color then used lower % to work to add lighter and darker values.


I start adding darker and lighter values and casting shadows at this point, mostly using Pencil tool used at lower and lower %'s initially.

Add reflective lights to Lew and Vera's faces.

I add Lew's Grayish stubble to his face - just an illusion of beard.


Coloring Line Art

At this point I like to color the line art... 

I begin by coloring the flesh tones and hair, and then move onto light clothing areas and rim lit objects.

Also all the final highlights and darkest darks.

Voila, done!

TD

To see Part 1


Contact your local retailer to get RED ONE # 4 -


Diamond ID: AUG160654


From 


and 

No comments:

Post a Comment