Thursday, September 10, 2015

Star Wars Shattered Empire #1 Variant Cover Step 1 LINEART

Here's a look at how we created the Variant Cover  for Star Wars Shattered Empire #1  out now from Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm.


My initial sketches sent to Lucasfilm and Editor Heather Antos at Marvel.

I was actually happy with all these...

 The sketches are drawn at 2x3 inches in my sketchbook in pencil and pen and then cleaned up and colored in Photoshop.


My initial pencils drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12 x 18 Bristol Board.


Changed Leia's face and started working on Lando and Nien.


Ewoks!



Finishing up 


Pencils ready for Rachel and me to ink


Detail


Detail



Inks

Rachel Dodson uses Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink to ink the covers with.

I inked the ships with a Pigma Micron 01 and 03 Pen.


Detail


Detail


Detail

Next time



TD


2 comments: